LEVinar Recording: Nothing About Us Without Us
In this webinar, we discuss House Bill 1541, The Nothing About Us Without Us Act. We address why we need HB 1541, what HB 1541 would do, and what we can do to help HB 1541 become law.
- Washington state Representative Darya Farivar, prime sponsor of House Bill 1541
- Jeremiah Audet, a sophomore at Rogers High School in Spokane Public Schools who is a member of the Student Potential Youth Advisory Council (SPYAC)
- Sunshine Cheng, Cross-Disability Advocacy Network Coordinator at Disability Rights Washington
- Eric Matthes, Community Advocacy Coordinator at The Arc of King County
- Kristin DiBiase, Associate Dean for Student Affairs at Seattle University School of Law
- Ivanova Smith, Activist Advocate for AtWork!
- Courtney Thom, board member of People First of Washington, President of the Lewis County Chapter of Self Advocates in Leadership (SAIL), and an officer on the National Council of Self Advocates (NCSA)
- Laura Van Tosh, coordinator of the Mental Health Policy Roundtable, a member of the disability community, and a leader in the psychiatric disability community